Ok, while I haven’t done much stitching in the last 12-15 months, I do have some progress. There were some days where I just went on strike and did some stitching – mostly weekends or evenings. And of course, after I submitted my PhD I was able to get a bit more time in (when I wasn’t sleeping or looking and applying for jobs). So on with the piccies….
First we have Mystery X and Cirques. Managed to get Part 2 finished just last week on the former. And I went back and put the beads and crystals in for parts 1 and 2. Even made a start on Part 3 and got a good chunk of it’s beads in too. I’m all beaded out now though, so I won’t be picking it up again for a few more weeks.
The colours aren’t too good in the pic for cirques, but at least you can see how much I’ve done and have a small idea of colours. Although, the fabric is not actually blue.
Next some HAED progress. There’s a new start this year (Drac’s Leaf) and more progress on Stella. I’ve finally reached her face.
And I’ve been buying some silks. So now I want to start Blackstone. So what colours to do. I tried to take some pics of different floss tosses, but most of the scans and photos didn’t really give a good idea of the colours. I bought mottled magpie tears (from Vikki Clayton) thinking it would be a good one (and 36ct too which is good), but it just wasn’t right. So I went through my stash looking at other colours. Here are a couple of them.
The green I’m using is Vikki’s Dragon Opal (jadeite and black) and the other is a velvet midnight/ultraviolet mix that I had her dye for me. Originally I was thinking of more of a grey blue background. The ones above are PTP pansy (left) which is obviously more purple and grey and the one on the right more green and grey/brown (not sure it’s name count or anything). Of course, the stitching show is coming up, I could always take my spools to see the gals from Stitches and Spice and see if they have some ideas.